Preset Expansion Pack for Effect Rack
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the sound design techniques of Jason LaRocca with this free expansion pack of custom presets for film scoring and mixing inspired by his work on films and series like Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power, Morbius, Godfather of Harlem, and Prey for the Devil. When we asked him how often he reaches for Soundtoys when mixing and writing for film, he named his top five tools.
- We use Little Plate on EVERY score, it is a deeply integral part of our percussion sound. It always sounds huge and lush!
- Decapitator – not only can it distort, but also breathe life into dull sources and enhance great ones. We use it all the time on live strings and brass to really make them shine.
- EchoBoy is our go-to delay for any sound. The clean sounds have plenty of character and the versatility is unrivaled.
- We constantly use PanMan to keep synths of all sorts moving. It’s also killer for creating chaos in a horror score or giving groove to electronic drum sounds.
- Devil-Loc Deluxe is great for smashing sounds or making them plump. It’s fantastic for giving energy to flat recordings, especially on percussion.
Download Jason’s Presets
This pack has an easy-to-use installer, so simply download and click to run the installer. Then, open Effect Rack in your DAW and find your new expansion pack in the Soundtoys preset manager, called Artist Pack – Jason LaRocca Sound Design for Film Mixing. Enjoy!