Bass is the glue that holds a track together, but getting that low-end to sit right in a mix can take practice and technique. Fortunately, Soundtoys plug-ins can help you find that balance of vintage punch with digital power for shaping your bass frequencies. Soundtoys’ filters, phasers, delays, and Effect Rack chains can unlock secrets hidden within your track, and we’re here to help you learn how.
Here’s a whole new batch of material to help you on your bass-shaping journey:
- Learn how prolific bassist and producer Ben Carr (CARRTOONS) shapes his sound.
- Explore the nuances of designing bass tones with wisdom from Justin Meldal-Johnsen.
- Learn how easy it is to expand your bass palette with FilterFreak, PhaseMistress, and EchoBoy.
- Download six brand new FREE presets for Effect Rack.
- Watch the excellent new tutorial from Sonic Scoop and mixing wizard Matty Amendola, full of Soundtoys bass mixing tips and presets.
“Decapitator is a life-saver when I get a weak bass or 808, and it’s so easy to dial in fast so you don’t have to waste time. Decapitator deserves an award; the tone is amazing and GUI is so easy and fast. From subtle saturation to extreme distortion it works on everything from vocals, bass, to drums. I can’t mix without it.”
– Stu White (Beyonce, Jay-Z, FKA Twigs)
“When mixing bass, Radiator and Decapitator are two of the first plugins I reach for. Radiator has a lovely growl to it and Decapitator is just an insanely versatile tone machine that can make any bass or 808 sound massive and cut through the mix.”
– Calin Enache (IDK, Pusha T, Denzel Curry)